A Feasible Investment
Selected most often for
practical drop test compliance and assuring positive crisis response,
Guardian™ Fire Doors deliver reliable, predictable and repeatable
An Exceptional Choice
The National Fire Protection Association
and other model codes recommend frequent drop testing of fire doors to
assure a continuous state of operational readiness. C.H.I. strongly
promotes these recommendations with the Guardian’s™ advanced design features:
- Safe, simple, inexpensive and repeatable drop testing is now made possible in any facility with
a flip of a handle.
- No ladders, tools or equipment are required to drop test and reset Guardian™ Simple Test
- Drop speed is governed by a quiet, centrifugal brake to between 6" to 24" per second.
- Gear reduced chain hoist operation is standard, efficient and economical.
- Manual push-up operation and fail-safe motor operation is optional.
- 165 degree fusible links are provided as standard detection/release devices.
- U.L. Labels are provided from 3/4 hour to 4 hour for labeled and for oversized doors.
- Guides mount to approved masonry, steel and sheetrock jambs.
- Upward-expanding guides may be welded to approved steel jambs.
- Fail-safe time delayed releases, smoke detectors and audible and visual warning systems
- Installation time is reduced significantly due to elimination of complicated release assemblies.
- Curved or flat slat profiles are offered in pre-painted or powder coated options.